REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Event Organizer Services for Pantau Gambut
SUMMARY OF PROCUREMENT
WRI intends to award an IDR 385.000.000 - fixed price including tax, all in/lump sum type contract for event organizing services that offer professional event planning services that include event management, event coordination, venue sourcing, theme creation, decoration & props development, conferencing, exhibitions, entertainment for a hybrid (online and offline) press conference continued with a talk show event for Pantau Gambut. WRI expects the work to be held in week 4 of April 2021.
About the World Resources Institute
Founded in 1982, The World Resources Institute (WRI) is a global environmental think tank that goes beyond research to put ideas into action. We work with governments, companies, and civil society to build solutions to urgent environmental challenges. WRI’s transformative ideas protect the earth and promote development because sustainability is essential to meeting human needs and fulfilling human aspirations in the future.
About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is a national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI has worked with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in the United States, Brazil, China, Europe, India, and Indonesia. Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country focusing on forests and land use governance and strengthening our impact on the ground. In the short-to medium-term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include climate, energy, as well as cities, transportation, and peatland restoration programs.
About the Pantau Gambut project
The Pantau Gambut initiative stems from shared concerns about the fulfillment of government pledges or commitments related to the restoration of peatland ecosystems. Peatland in Indonesia is a unique ecosystem with high biodiversity and economic value. Peatland has various functions including hydrological functions or water storage and management, the carbon storage function that relate to climate change mitigation, and biodiversity conservation function. However, peatland is a vulnerable to degradation, subsidence, and fire, particularly when peatland is being drained. Massive forest and peat fires in 2015 contribute to the country and public loss of approximately IDR 221 trillion. The responsibility for conducting restoration activities is not the responsibility of government alone but should also involve civil society and the private sector. Pantau Gambut coalition has now grown into 23 members that consist of civil society organizations in 8 provinces with technical niches ranging from research, campaign and capacity building. Pantau Gambut main virtual platform: www.pantaugambut.id is the coalition’s main public-facing avenue to engage the public on all peat related missions and initiatives. Entering the fifth year of Pantau Gambut initiative, the coalition is planning to have a serial event; a press conference continued with a public talk show to disseminate Pantau Gambut field work and research during the year of 2020 that can raise people’s awareness and understand the urgency to protect peatland and its importance to tackle climate change.
SCOPE OF WORK
Scope of Work
- Location: Jakarta (hybrid, online and offline) and Jambi, Riau, Palembang, Kalimantan Barat, Kalimantan Tengah and Papua Barat (live streaming online).
- Oversee Planning and Execution of Event
- Coordinate work with Pantau Gambut team and external party/parties if needed.
- Serve as primary point of contact for speakers, attendees and tech operators.
- Virtual Conference Logistics Before and During Event
- Set up virtual conference(s)
- Set up all agenda information for the conference(s)
- Create Zoom meetings/webinars for the conference(s)
- Set up tech support and contingency plans for tech failures, hacks, etc.
- Provide host/moderators that have knowledge with issues related.
- Provide tech assistance to attendees before and during conference(s)
- Work with speakers and presenters.
- Ensure conference runs smoothly.
- Conference Promotion and Marketing (Pre and Post Event)
- Create series of promotion material for the conference(s) and after the conferences. This includes crafting written content and designing/lay outing for conventional media, digital media and social media.
- Propose additional promotional strategies.
- Media Support
- National (and International Media invitation)
- Press release distribution.
- Media monitoring.
- Serve as Liaison for Speakers
- Suggest new innovative opportunities when possible.
- Initial proposal with plan and timeline for the Implementation.
- An “initial” risk assessment of possible “high” risks anticipated for the implementation.
- A proposal with plan and timeline for the actual Implementation.
- Project Completion Report and onsite presentation to the Pantau Gambut team.
- An Assessment Report provided max two weeks after commencement of the assignment.
The contractor is expected to provide the services described under “Scope of Work” in week 4 of April 2021
The budget for this service is capped at an IDR 385.000.000
GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
- General requirements a. A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in set up or run virtual events and minimum 3 years of proven experience in set up or run offline events b. Having social oriented portfolio and brand c. Contractor is a legal entity in Indonesia. d. Preferably based in Jakarta e. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate the processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients. f. Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements that meet client needs and vision. g. Ability to iterate your video and photo objects efficiently and intelligently.
- Management and Teamwork a. Ability to work with a team and ensure work is coordinated and completed on time. b. Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple diverse responsibilities at the same time
- Technical Knowledge of Virtual Conferencing Tools or Streaming Platforms a. Comfortable with streaming platforms such as Zoom, as well as other apps and tools. b. Ability to quickly learn new potential virtual conferencing tools and explain them to others.
- Interpersonal Skills a. Ability to work well with team and adapt to shared decision making process. b. Clear communicator
- Can work effectively with a variety of parties.
Prospective vendors shall submit:
- A statement of interest describing the proposed team and how it meets the above requirements.
- CV/Resume and Portfolio
- Proposal and timeline
- A proposed budget with a breakdown of payment schedule associating amounts with work milestones.
- Statement of corporate legal compliance, please download the statement here.
Expression of Interest, Deadline for Questions, and Proposal
All expressions of interest and questions about this RFP must be received via email to the contact below by 2 April 2021 (GMT+7). Answers to the questions will be shared will all parties who have asked questions or otherwise expressed interest.
WRI Contact Name: Iola Abas
Title: Media Research and Campaign Lead, Peatland Restoration Independent Monitoring Platform
Email addresses: procurement-Indonesia@wri.org & firstname.lastname@example.org
All proposals must be sent by 2 April 2021, 23:00 (GMT+7) in electronic format to the same contact listed above.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
The following elements will be the primary considerations in evaluating all proposals submitted in response to this RFP:
- Experience with similar projects (project portfolio);
- Budget competitiveness
- Sustainability - WRI values sustainability and all other factors being equal, will favor a proposal to more sustainably perform the work.
- The extent to which the vendor’s proposal fulfills WRI’s stated requirements as set out in the RFP and demonstrates an understanding of the issues at hand.
- Completion of all required elements (proposal quality).
- Overall cost of the vendor’s proposal (value for money).
The bidder offering the best overall value will be selected. For this procurement, price and non-price aspects are considered to be of approximately equal importance.
No proposal development costs shall be charged to WRI and all expenses are to be borne by the bidders. WRI may award to the bidder offering best value without discussions. However, WRI reserves the right to seek bidder clarifications and to negotiate with those bidders deemed to be within a competitive range.
WRI may, at its discretion and without explanation to the prospective vendors etc., choose to discontinue this RFP without obligation to such prospective vendors or make multiple awards under this RFP. As part of the selection process, selected bidders could be invited to present their proposal to WRI procurement team.