Tata Kelola Manajemen Risiko di Lahan Gambut
Studi Kasus di Sumatra Selatan, Indonesiaoleh , , dan -
Kajian ini melihat aspek penting dari tata kelola restorasi lahan gambut di Sumatra Selatan dan potensi dampaknya.
Publikasi ini untuk sementara hanya tersedia dalam Bahasa Inggris.
- Peatland restoration is fundamental to prevent the risk of wildfires on degraded peatland. Governance plays a key role in supporting the effectiveness of peatland restoration.
- This study assessed critical aspects of the governance of peatland restoration in South Sumatra, Indonesia, from 2001 to 2019, using vulnerabilities and risk governance frameworks.
- Compared to the 2001–15 period, the number of peatland restoration projects increased in 2016–19, and some risk governance principles are in place.
- Nonetheless, some governance issues still exist in those peatland restoration projects, including uncertainties over data, lack of substantial coordination across stakeholders, excessive bureaucracy, and disintegrated restoration planning and implementation. These issues, which contribute to the quality and quantity of restoration projects, affect the outcomes of such projects, including their ability to prevent fires.
- Based on such findings, we suggest the adoption of a more detailed risk governance framework that involves understanding stakeholders’ risk perceptions, establishing collective institutional arrangements, conducting a detailed risk assessment and evaluation for planning integrated restoration activities, implementing integrated landscape restoration, and monitoring and evaluating results.