REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Peat Watcher (Pantau Gambut) Organizational Building Blocks Setup
SUMMARY OF PROCUREMENT
WRI intends to award a maximum IDR 110,000,000 all taxes inclusive - fixed price type contract for providing advisory and strategic consulting services for Peat Watcher (Pantau Gambut) initiative. Pantau Gambut is currently an initiative within the peatland portfolio of WRI Indonesia. After four years of conducting this initiative, WRI Indonesia plans to establish this initiative into a new legal entity. Accordingly, WRI Indonesia foresee all supporting works to setup organizational building blocks for Pantau Gambut as indispensable which includes pre-requisite needs assessment, stakeholders mapping, organization structure analysis and critical internal procedure development based on the best practice to ensure the continuity of the peatland watch alliance as an independent legal entity.
WRI expects the work to commence starting on October 2021 to November 2021 for completing all the deliverables.
About the World Resources Institute
Founded in 1982, The World Resources Institute (WRI) is a global environmental think tank that goes beyond research to put ideas into action. We work with governments, companies, and civil society to build solutions to urgent environmental challenges. WRI’s transformative ideas protect the earth and promote development because sustainability is essential to meeting human needs and fulfilling human aspirations in the future.
About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is a national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI has worked with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in the United States, Brazil, China, Europe, India, and Indonesia. Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country focusing on forests and land use governance and strengthening our impact on the ground. In the short-to medium-term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include climate, energy, as well as cities, transportation, and peatland restoration programs.
About the Pantau Gambut Project
The Pantau Gambut initiative started in 2016 and stems from shared concerns about the fulfillment of government pledges or commitments related to the restoration of peatland ecosystems. Peatland in Indonesia is a unique ecosystem with high biodiversity and economic value. Peatland has various functions including hydrological functions or water storage and management, carbon storage function that relate with climate change mitigation, and biodiversity conservation function. However, peatland is a vulnerable to degradation, subsidence, and fire, particularly when peatland is being drained. Massive forest and peat fires in 2015 contribute to country and public loss of approximately IDR 221 trillion. The responsibility for conducting restoration activities is not the responsibility of government alone but should also involve civil society and the private sector. Pantau Gambut coalition has now grown into 23 members that consist of civil society organizations in 8 provinces with technical niches ranging from research, campaign and capacity building. Pantau Gambut's leading virtual platform: www.pantaugambut.id, is the coalition’s main public-facing avenue to engage the public on all peat-related missions and initiatives.
DETAIL OF WORK
This work is intended to prepare all the necessities to prepare organizational building blocks for Pantau Gambut as an independent legal body outside WRI Indonesia. The selected contractor will be required to provide expected deliverables within scope of work perpetuated below.
Preliminary needs assessment Conduct a preliminary needs assessment based on current Pantau Gambut business-as-usual process which includes current funding, stakeholders, activities and engagement. The assessment is expected to result in the identified crucial key for the new legal entity, along with the assessed gap and strategy to complete the building blocks.
Stakeholders mapping Based on the preliminary needs assessment, the vendor may require to conduct stakeholders mapping to revisit and conclude the most effective arrangements between the Pantau Gambut with other stakeholders.
Organization Structure Recommendation Develop organization structure recommendation with the roles and job description at minimum to manage current affairs effectively.
Three critical internal procedure Develop three critical internal procedure that may be picked from the list:
• Employee Code of Conduct Policy
• Donor & Public Funding Policy
• Procurement Policy
• Travel Policy
• Finance and Cash Policy
Scope of Work
- Provide deliverables that have been determined in the points above
- Be active and communicative with WRI Indonesia
- Willing to attend meetings with the internal Pantau Gambut team at least once a week
- Number of revisions per deliverables X times minor revision
- Documenting work on a cloud sharing repository
- Confidentiality of all findings from outside Pantau Gambut project and outside organizations
- Conduct final presentation of work to the Pantau Gambut team and the Director of WRI Indonesia
The location contained in this work is situated in Indonesia.
The contractor is expected to provide the services described under “Scope of Work” in October - November 2021
|1.||Initial Report (Term 1)||An initial report contains: - Preliminary needs assessment - Stakeholders mapping - Organization Structure Analysis Recommendation - Three critical internal procedure - Strategic 5 years action||5 November 2021|
|2.||Final Report (Term 2)||A final report which contains inputs on deliverables 1 after a consultation meeting with Pantau Gambut and WRI Board Director.||12 November 2021|
The budget for this service is capped at IDR 110,000,000 (all taxes inclusive). Payment will be made in the following schedule:
|Nu.||Activity||Achievement||Amount (from total)|
|1.||Down Payment||Upon contract signing||30%|
|2.||Term 1||Deliverables 1||50%|
|3.||Term 2||Deliverables 2||20%|
● Demonstrate previous experience, portfolio and projects of providing management consulting services for strategic management
● Having an experience to conduct organizational restructuring
● Ability to conduct an interview for stakeholders mapping to non-state actors
● Ability to compare and transform current business process to improve effectiveness
● Understanding the business process of non-government environment organization is a plus
● The contractor is a legal entity in Indonesia
● Having social-oriented portfolio and brand
● Ability to provide full consultation during and after (at maximum one month) the project period
● Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements that meet client needs and vision
● Ability to communicate the development processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and effectively to teams and clients
GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Prospective vendors shall submit:
● A statement of interest describing the proposed team and how it meets the above requirements;
● Organization of staffs assigned to this work(s);
● CV/Resume of staffs assigned to this work(s);
● Non-binding or non-patented portfolio;
● Timeline and milestones;
● Statement of corporate legal compliance, please download the statement here.;
● A proposed budget in excel (.xls, .xlsx) format with a breakdown of costs sufficient to assess reasonableness and compliance with our funder requirements which costing breakdown shall be classified into the list of deliverables;
● A competitive payment schedule associating amounts with work milestones.
Expression of Interest, Deadline for Questions, and Proposal
All expressions of interest and questions about this RFP must be received via email to the contact below by 8th October 2021, 17:00 (GMT+7). Answers to the questions will be shared will all parties who have asked questions or otherwise expressed interest.
WRI Contact Name : Procurement WRI Indonesia
Email addresses : Procurement-Indonesia@wri.org
All proposals must be sent by 8th October 2021, 17:00 (GMT+7). in electronic format to the same contact listed above.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
The following elements will be the primary considerations in evaluating all proposals submitted in response to this RFP:
● Experience with similar projects (project portfolio);
● Budget competitiveness.
● Sustainability - WRI values sustainability and all other factors being equal, will favor a proposal to more sustainably perform the work.
● The extent to which the vendor’s proposal fulfills WRI’s stated requirements as set out in the RFP and demonstrates an understanding of the issues at hand.
● Completion of all required elements (proposal quality);
● Overall cost of the vendor’s proposal (value for money).
The bidder offering the best overall value will be selected. For this procurement, price and non-price aspects are considered to be of approximately equal importance.
To demonstrate strength in both video and photo services, potential bidders are encouraged to form a joint consortium under one management and single contract holder
No proposal development costs shall be charged to WRI and all expenses are to be borne by the bidders. WRI may award to the bidder offering best value without discussions. However, WRI reserves the right to seek bidder clarifications and to negotiate with those bidders deemed to be within a competitive range.
WRI may, at its discretion and without explanation to the prospective vendors etc., choose to discontinue this RFP without obligation to such prospective vendors or make multiple awards under this RFP. As part of the selection process, selected bidders could be invited to present their proposal to WRI procurement team