REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Website Revamp for EU-SUPA (Component 2) A European Union Funded Project to Promote Sustainable Use of Peatlands and Haze Mitigation in ASEAN
SUMMARY OF PROCUREMENT
WRI intends to award an IDR 498,500,000 all taxes inclusive - fixed price type contract for website revamp aimed to:
● Act as a reference for key stakeholders and the public to access the necessary information regarding sustainable peatland management. This includes official press releases, policy briefs, research findings, and People for Peat (PFP) coverage on media networks.
● Feature information pertaining the project, which includes open calls for proposals, event invitation and registration, meetings outcomes, business hub, and networking opportunities among Non-State Actors across Southeast Asia.
WRI expects the work to commence starting on May 1st 2021 to April 30th 2022 for revamping, maintaining, and updating the website.
About the World Resources Institute
Founded in 1982, The World Resources Institute (WRI) is a global environmental think tank that goes beyond research to put ideas into action. We work with governments, companies, and civil society to build solutions to urgent environmental challenges. WRI’s transformative ideas protect the earth and promote development because sustainability is essential to meeting human needs and fulfilling human aspirations in the future.
About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is a national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI has worked with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in the United States, Brazil, China, Europe, India, and Indonesia. Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country focusing on forests and land use governance and strengthening our impact on the ground. In the short-to medium-term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include climate, energy, as well as cities, transportation, and peatland restoration programs.
About the EU-SUPA Component 2 project
The European Union (EU) has awarded a coalition of World Resources Institute (WRI), Tropical Rainforest Conservation & Research Centre (TRCRC), and Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau (IDH) a grant to mitigate haze within ASEAN by enhancing sustainable use of peatlands (SUPA). The project consists of two components, the first one will work with State Actors and the second component, which will be implemented by the coalition, will focus on encouraging Non-State Actors (NSAs) participation in sustainable management and use of peatlands through collective actions. The direct targets of the second component include village communities, civil society organizations, academician, researchers, private sectors, and financial institutions. The three-years grant (October 2019 – October 2022) will result in:
● The increase of knowledge about sustainable peatland management among NSAs;
● The availability of an innovative business hub to facilitate collaborative business development in peatlands;
● The increase in awareness and capacity among NSAs to manage the peatlands sustainably.
Ultimately, the activities in this program aim to change the current public perception that peatlands are a wasteland and increase public support for peatland management in the long-term. Peatlands can have immense ecological and economic value if managed sustainably, reducing peat fires and therefore haze within Southeast Asia in the process
In the process of conducting this program the coalition will coordinate under the name of People for Peat (PFP). Apart from its main objective, PFP also aims to support the ASEAN Peatland Management Strategy to mitigate the impacts of climate change, manage the risk of wildfires, and reduce trans-boundary regional haze while sustaining local livelihoods.
PFP will serve as a platform to coordinate sustainable peatland use in the following countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Lao PDR, Cambodia, and Myanmar.
DETAIL OF WORK
The website has been established as a platform for information sharing on the status of peatland management among project implementor and stakeholders. In the future, the selected consultant will be required to conduct further development to improve the functions and the look and the feel of the website. Specifically, the selected consultant is expected to update the information architecture of the website and provide recommendations on the requirements to fulfil the web functionalities and visual design.
UI/UX Design Revamping the website design to become more fluid so it is able to support three breakpoints: Desktop, Tablet and Mobile
Segregation of Duties Provide features that will allow the website members to be segregated into specific functions as per ordinary members, researchers, investors and administrators
Registration Develop a registration features that may include registration forms, questionnaires, or other web-based documents to be filled by members, potential members, or the public on the website
Information and Data Storage Develop feature to store and disseminate information in the form of text, photos, videos, documents (PPT, PDF, Docx, shapefiles, etc.), and maps to and from the registered member of the website
Event Management Develop feature to create and publish events in the website along with a link to specific online meeting platform (Google Meets, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams)
Insights / Blogs Develop a WYSIWYG Content Management System to be used to publish content (insights, press clipping, press release, etc.) in the website backend
Simple interactive peatland map for ASEAN Region Develop simple interactive map for peatland within ASEAN region to showcase peatland relevant data. Example for the maps can be seen on this link.
Content Management System (CMS) Develop a CMS or to utilize the existing CMS sytem to make it more user friendly to enable administrators in managing the website
Search engine optimization (SEO) support Provide crawlable sitemap and meta-tag for improving SEO
Marketplace Develop a marketplace function that allows the website members, especially members-based organizations economic development groups to choose, pick, and support projects showcased by the member from small and medium-sized enterprise (SME). Consequently, the function should allow the SME to showcase their project to the potential investors
Forum Develop a forum for the registered members to have a discussion on several topics. The members who are registered to the website can automatically access the forum.
Scope of Work
- Conduct a preliminary needs assessment to improve current people for peat website that covers:
a. Consultation with EU-SUPA program team led by WRI Indonesia;
b. Gap assessment, comparing current features with future features;
c. Recommendations for improvements.
Design UI/UX for the solution in online sharable formats. The proposed design should be made in online sharable formats such as Adobe XD, Figma or Framer to support teleworking.
Develop workplan for development in sprint with detail milestones. Provide detail technical milestones for every sprint, every sprint should be at least every 2 weeks.
Implement the solution according to the workplan in testing and production environments. Separate testing and production environments, that ensure solution can be reviewed and approved before going LIVE.
Launch and deploy the solution for public. Within contract period, vendor is obligated to deploy the solution for public.
Develop technical documentation and user guidelines. Vendor shall prepare technical documentation and user guidelines that comply with WRI standards.
Provide training to project staff and EU-SUPA program. Build the capacity for project staff and EU-SUPA program to use, operate and manage the solution.
Conduct consultation with the People for Peat and other relevant parties in preparation for the migration of the website into another domain, develop a migration manual, and support the migration process
The location contained in this work is situated in South East Asian countries incorporated in EU-SUPA.
The contractor is expected to provide the services described under “Scope of Work” from May 1st 2021 to April 14th 2022
The budget for this service is capped at IDR 498,500,000 (all taxes inclusive).
● A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in web development (front-end, back-end, and webmasters), UI/UX, and IT Infrastructure
● Expertise in:
o DevOps : UNIX server, Reverse Proxy, CI/CD (PM2, Jenkins)
o Backend : NodeJS, Geoserver
o WebGIS : Google API / Openlayers / Leaflet
o Frontend : NextJS, ReactJS, HTML5, Flexbox
o Database : PostgreSQL
o Analytics : Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
o DNS & Cache : DNS management, Cloudflare
● Experience in creating graphic design in accordance with brand guidelines
● Ability to integrate graphics, audio and video into the website
● Ability to monitor the traffic and report to teams and client
● Contractor is a legal entity in Indonesia
● Having social oriented portfolio and brand
● Ability to provide full consultation during and after (at maximum one month) the project period
● Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements that meet client needs and vision
● Ability to communicate the production processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and effectively to teams and clients
GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Prospective vendors shall submit:
● A statement of interest describing the proposed team and how it meets the above requirements;
● Organization of staffs assigned to this work(s);
● CV/Resume of staffs assigned to this work(s);
● Non-binding or non-patented portfolio in Web development and design;
● Production timeline and milestones;
● Statement of corporate legal compliance, please download the statement here.;
● A proposed budget with a breakdown of costs sufficient to assess reasonableness and compliance with our funder requirements which costing breakdown shall be classified into the following items on daily rate basis:
⮚ Website impacts monitoring;
⮚ Web maintenance;
⮚ Animation (Interactive Map Development and other relevant animation to be proposed);
⮚ SEO improvement;
⮚ Web development;
⮚ Newsletter deployment.
● A competitive payment schedule associating amounts with work milestones.
Expression of Interest, Deadline for Questions, and Proposal
All expressions of interest and questions about this RFP must be received via email to the contact below by 19 April 2021, 17:00 (GMT+7). Answers to the questions will be shared will all parties who have asked questions or otherwise expressed interest.
WRI Contact Name : Satya Budi Utama
Title : EU-SUPA Project Lead
All proposals must be sent by 21 May 2021, 17:00 (GMT+7). in electronic format to the same contact listed above.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
The following elements will be the primary considerations in evaluating all proposals submitted in response to this RFP:
● Experience with similar projects (project portfolio);
● Budget competitiveness;
● Sustainability - WRI values sustainability and all other factors being equal, will favor a proposal to more sustainably perform the work;
● The extent to which the vendor’s proposal fulfills WRI’s stated requirements as set out in the RFP and demonstrates an understanding of the issues at hand;
● Completion of all required elements (proposal quality);
● Overall cost of the vendor’s proposal (value for money).
The bidder offering the best overall value will be selected. For this procurement, price and non-price aspects are considered to be of approximately equal importance.
To demonstrate strength in both video and photo services, potential bidders are encouraged to form a joint consortium under one management and single contract holder
No proposal development costs shall be charged to WRI and all expenses are to be borne by the bidders. WRI may award to the bidder offering best value without discussions. However, WRI reserves the right to seek bidder clarifications and to negotiate with those bidders deemed to be within a competitive range.
WRI may, at its discretion and without explanation to the prospective vendors etc., choose to discontinue this RFP without obligation to such prospective vendors or make multiple awards under this RFP. As part of the selection process, selected bidders could be invited to present their proposal to WRI procurement team