Honesty, candor and openness must guide our work to ensure credibility and to build trust.
- We encourage examination of our methods, analyses, and conclusions.
- We share information and ideas with our colleagues and partners.
- We recognize all who have contributed to our work.
To lead change for a sustainable world, we must be creative, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and adaptive.
- We are willing to risk failure to achieve substantial impact. We nurture and reward new ideas and excellence in pursuing them.
- We reinvigorate our own ideas and approaches through continuous learning.
We believe that change in human behavior is urgently needed to halt the accelerating rate of environmental deterioration.
- We seek the greatest impact by responding swiftly, decisively, and strategically to opportunities and challenges.
- We work on issues that matter where we believe we can make a unique difference.
Our effectiveness depends on work that is uncompromised by partisan politics, institutional or personal allegiances, or sources of financial support.
- We take pride in the independence of our ideas and work.
- We convey to partners and funders our commitment to unbiased judgment.
Our relationships are based on the belief that all people deserve respect.
- We encourage diversity of experience, culture, ideas, and opinions among our staff and partners.
- We seek to ensure and to recognize that each of us can take responsibility and create opportunities.
- We help each other to reach our fullest potential.
- We treat others with fairness regardless of their views on our work.